Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sweet Second Month

Things are definitely getting better! He is feeling better which makes me so HAPPY!

A few little milestones~
Day 2- he's holding his own pacifier
Day 4- He smiled at Daddy the day we came home from the hospital (ya it was probably gas but nonetheless) & he's holding his head up (and getting stronger and stronger)
Week 4- He laughed out loud!
1 month- He rolled over!! I couldn't believe it! And it wasn't a fluke he did it 3x in a row!


Things are becoming real FUN. I'm not walking like a zombie anymore LOL. By the 6th week Dj and I developed a routine with the night shift. He goes to sleep around 9pm and takes over at 4am so I can get some solid sleep until he goes to work. Oh how I looooove when 4am comes around! I turn off the closet light (that I use for a night light) and cuddle up in a dark room and no baby. Real SLEEP! He slept in our bed for a week while his prevacid kicked in (Dj slept in Jayden's room)....and then it was back to his crib!

At 6 or 7 weeks I started putting him down in his crib when he needed a nap & he started falling asleep on his own (with a paci)!! I kept thinking, I love this kid! 2 weeks later he still is going to sleep on his own. Mind you that the key is to put him down in a drowsy state so I make sure I look for the signs and keep an eye on the clock.

He spent the night at my mom's for the 1st time at 7 wks. I had a mini meltdown from being tired, it was a long week and on that Friday he was up all day! Wouldn't go down. We took him over to my mom's just so we could go get a bite to eat and my mom told me she would bring him over later we were to go home and crash. Turns out he slept really well on his tummy while my mom watched over him like a hawk. He only woke up 2x! It was at that point where we started putting him on his tummy (helps with acid reflux) and he is doing AMAZING. I check on him quite frequently, I know the whole debate with SIDS....yet it's really helping him....you don't need to lecture me that this is wrong...I know... I know...

At 8 weeks he is doing GREAT! He is finally sleeping 2-5hrs at a time! Eating well, sleeping well it's amazing how far we've come and what we have been through already! Where does the time go?! He's two months old already?! Well, here's the thing...do you count by weeks? Or by the date of each month? I counted the weeks this time but it's not the 19th yet. Eventually I know I will just go by the date, it will be easier of course.

But for now... he's officially two months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment